Sunday, July 17, 2011


She Considereth a Lawn Mower and Buyeth it!

Yesterday an auction was held at the residence of a couple we know. Earlier in the week I drove by and saw a posting outside their home and also noticed a green riding lawnmower. Sometimes when I notice things, or something pops out to me, I try to give room for..."Lord, did you have me notice that?" Was that rider mower going to be auctioned off? I am not sure if this story is blog-worthy, but I thought it may be a fun to share. I hope it is something that may encourage you! Here goes:

This summer we have opted to use our push mower to mow our BIG yard and, for the most part, has been working out O.K.. It was what we had and nothing came across our path that was another affordable option for us. We all (not the little ones of course!) have jumped in to help mow sections a day. Our old red Toro has been "revved-up" all summer! Although it has been been working out, it has really consumed our lives at times. We love to be able to have things for our children to do, but was it to mow lawn constantly! :)

The night before the auction we looked online and saw that they were going to auction off two mowers: a push mower and the green rider that I had seen. "Lord, can we go and bid on those?"

I have never been to an auction as an adult, so this was going to be a new venture for me. My husband had previous plans for that morning, so I left my children at home and ventured a few blocks away to considereth a mower...and maybe buy it! With agreement from my husband and two specific dollar amounts I asked the Lord to give me, off I went. I discovered that auctions take time, but finally the time came to bid on the lawn mowers. I am so glad that I observed the happenings of how to bid on items before it was my time!! There is a little bit of an art to it!

The push mower was first... it went for a way higher amount than I was able to pay for it. In fact, I did not even join in on the bidding. For a moment I got fainthearted, but I felt a nudge from the Holy Spirit...keep going Anna, just wait. The bidding started for the green rider. It started WAY high (at least according to my bid!). To my surprise (or unbelief!!) no one was bidding. The bid got down to range that I could jump in! So...I started bidding!! Much of it was a blur to me, but all of the sudden I knew that I nodded my head at the exact amount I received from the Lord - I would go no higher. The auctioneer took my nod and spoke the next bid, spoke it again, and again and again...he looked around, then looked at me and said, "Sold"! I raised my number and bought a lawn mower!! I was a bit amazed, thank you LORD! My husband and some of our children came back to the auction and it was so fun to tell him the story! We brought it home and had a great time mowing the lawn and connecting as a family, which is a HUGE blessing as well.

Thank you Lord, that you were with us in that purchase, that You guided us the whole way. I am so thankful and humbled to know that you are alive and so willing to be involved in the lives of people. May this family bless You as we seek to know You and walk in step with Your Holy Spirit. When I am weak, He is strong!

Thanks for letting me share. To God be the glory, in Jesus Name!

1 comment: