Thursday, July 14, 2011


Good Morning! Check out the picture of our beautiful little Ellah Corrie. She is now four months old, everything goes into her mouth and she kicks and moves...so cute! Enjoy your children and grandchildren. In fact, God's Word instructs us women "to love their husbands, and children..." Titus 2:4 When you do not know how to serve the Lord with a heart of thankfulness for what He has done for you...go ahead and love! That is what He does for us!

It is a beautiful rainy day today! I love rainy days as they are a day to pretty much keep the kids inside, pull out toys and live out life indoors for a day! What do you like about rainy days? Our oldest daughter just returned from our chicken dwelling place outside (I need to post pictures of it someday!). Other than our "chicken chores" we will be inside. My sister invited us to go to her home to play! While the children play, she has asked if we could go through her homeschool room and organize things a bit! We will return to get the home in order, a little bit of time each day helps to keep this machine running pretty smoothly! I did notice that a bomb must have gone off in the laundry room - so appropriate time will be spent cleaning up that mess. I have learned that things always have a way of "looking" like they are huge messes, but really take a very little amount of time to get back in order.

Last night I went to my Beth Moore Bible study, Believing God. I was so encouraged. I love the Lord so much and am so astounded at His continued love toward me. Just over 16 years ago, He chose to reveal Himself to me. Now, that was the absolute WORST time in my life...but the BEST EVER and I would gladly go through what I did, if it meant to come into fellowship with Jesus! God simply showed me my sin in light of Him, there was NO condemnation, but I tell ya, a fear of the Lord entered my heart! Oh what blessed salvation Jesus offers to all who need His forgiveness! I guess I could have hardened my heart and said, "I see no sin in my life, I am just fine." But by the grace of God, I was humbled and acknowledged my sin. All of the sudden, I knew God...now I know that that was the Spirit of God came to live in me and give me eyes to see and ears to hear! The first time I sang Amazing Grace as a new creation in Christ, I nearly exploded! I knew then that the Lord had given me such a precious gift, to see life with spiritual eyes. "I once was lost, but now am found. Was blind, but now I see"! Praise the Lord with me!!

"Praise the Lord of my soul, all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
1. Who forgives all your sins
2. and heals all your diseases,
3. who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion
4. who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles."
Psalm 103: 1-5

Thank the Lord for His Word and for the pens of the psalm writers. David wrote Psalm 103. A real man, with real emotions, with a heart for the same God...is that actually possible!!

I do hope you find your rest in the Lord Jesus today. I hope to be able to share snippets of what the Lord is doing in my life this week...Just to Encourage You!

No comments:

Post a Comment